Saturday, May 21, 2011

Amie's journey with healing!

It's been too long my friends, I apologize. It is the end of the school year and this group of children is particularly challenging. But hey, I have 12 teaching days left! I CAN DO IT! :)

Ok, so I wanted to write out my journey with healing and how I got started. Perhaps it will help you, or you can relate. This is also for myself so that years down the road if someone asks me how I got started, I can simply find this post and remember "all" the details :) Blogs are awesome!

Once upon a time...... or as one of my students wrote once a pond a time....... Amie graduated college (2007) and chose to move to Kansas City, Missouri to teach. (switch from 3rd person to 1st)

I felt a lot of peace about moving from Minnesota. At the time I didn't know that it was "peace" I felt or what it was exactly, but I KNEW that the Lord wanted me in KC, MO. So, I moved in with my fantastic Auntie for a few months in KC. I immediately got my first teaching job, miraculously, and taught summer school for 8 weeks. I also worked part time at Linens N Things (may it rest in peace, bankruptcy). August rolled around and I didn't have a teaching job for the "school year" yet. I was thankful I wasn't paying rent.... and that I had a part-time job at LNT. The entire time, I wasn't worried about getting a job. That is what was "strange" (it was God, obviously) about the whole thing. I wasn't worried.... I had this confidence in my God, that He would provide for me.... He always has. I've never experienced "lack" in my life and I've always been protected.

I was at summer school one of the last days and I had a missed call and voicemail on my cell phone. I listened to the VM and it was a principal of a school in KC asking me to interview. I called him back and he asked me if I could come in Saturday at the school to interview with him. It was for a 4th grade position. I said "YES!" and met him that Saturday. We sat in the flippin hot school (no AC in Missouri.... in August....) and he interviewed me, telling me that he would know by the end of the interview if he wanted me or not. It was a bit of pressure. I immediately liked the man and he hired me right after the interview! He then showed me around the school and this is where I began my teaching career.

Amie, what does this have to do with healing? Ah, let me tell you!

So while in Kansas City, I got hooked up with a church and met my girlfriends. We started hanging out and I was so grateful to God for these girls! Carrie, Danielle, Noe, Jess, Jennifer, I owe this journey to you! Thank you for helping me grow in the Lord!

Alright, so there is one friend in particular who helped me in my journey. Carrie, I'm forever grateful. Thank you for loving me enough to show me the TRUTH! Carrie and her fantastic mom brought me to a church over on the Kansas side once that preached about healing. I hadn't really been taught anything about healing.... so I didn't have any preconceived notion either way, so I was open to it. I immediately got hooked on this teaching! The pastor graduated from Rhema Bible Institute and I began listening to other people from that "realm" such as Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Charles Capps and Willie George. After being in this church for a few months I noticed these people prayed in "tongues". I had heard of that, but didn't know what it was. I asked Carrie and her mom if they prayed in tongues they said "oh yes! It's wonderful". I began to wonder and a few weeks later, I went up to a woman at the church and she prayed over me to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I began to pray in tongues. Carrie's mom gave me a teaching from Willie George on praying in tongues, and I listened to it and saw the truth. I prayed in tongues all the time for a few weeks.... it was good!
As I listened to this teaching on healing.... I questioned..... I wondered and I believed with all my heart that it was true. I saw things in the scriptures that I didn't see before. Scriptures jumped off the page at me, I had never really experienced this before like I did in Kansas City. My pastor taught that healing WAS God's will..... every time. That everyone should be healed. I had the typical questions that anyone new to this or anyone reading this who isn't healing has..... "why are there sick people?, why isn't everyone healed? why aren't pastor's preaching this?" etc.

Well, I was in the church for about 6 months (2009) before I felt the need to move BACK to Minnesota. I moved back, got a teaching job (God appointed) working in North Minneapolis 5th grade. I found a church near by that taught on healing and speaking in tongues, so I attended there and they introduced me to Andrew Wommack. As soon as I discovered Andrew's teaching of the Word, I couldn't stop listening..... I loved this truth. I had always felt like sickness and disease was evil and I never, NEVER thought it was from God. I'm so grateful that I never was sucked into that lie, that God gives people sicknesses to teach them things.... how awful. Not my God :)

Ok, so I attended this awesome church for a year (2009-2010).... but I still wasn't healing others. I was just healing myself. I realized that God wanted me well, so I spoke to my body and told it to be well. I had heard Andrew talk about commanding and telling the sickness to go, so I was doing that with myself. I had also begun networking on Facebook and finding people who believed that healing was FOR us and that we COULD operate in it. I was pumped. The things I healed myself of were : Asthma, hip pain, knee pain, numerous sore throats, numerous headaches, back pain and other random pains that would come and go. But I hadn't tried healing anyone else. I was scared.

The summer of 2010 is where things skyrocketed for me in regards to healing. I mentioned that I had started networking on Facebook. I went to Andrew Wommack's FB site and started befriending people who went to his college (Charis Bible College). I befriended Brian Doolin. Brian and I started chatting about healing and he shared with me how he was out healing the sick everywhere he went. I asked him how he was so passionate about this and how he decided to just "get out there and do it". He introduced me to John G. Lake Ministries (JGLM) and I began listening to this teaching called the DHT (Divine Healing Technician) training. I LOVED it and realized it was the truth! Just like how I had felt when I listened to Andrew Wommack. This Curry Blake guy who taught the DHT sparked something inside of me..... inside my spirit. I realized I HAD to help the world. Our purpose in life was to help and impact the world. We're not just dropped here on the earth so we can make a mess of our lives and then die. We're here to preach the gospel, heal the sick and cast out demons (Mark 16:15-18). I was determined to override my fear of approaching others in public. It's now been almost a year and I am still overriding that fear, but it's easier every time..... practice definitely helps!

In October 2010 I found a "life team" here nearby and I had just decided to no longer attend my church I was attending, so I began attending this "life team" on Thursday nights. Now before I get into that I should mention that I met the McCoys through Facebook and went to stay with their family in Iowa in October. I blogged about that experience.... it was life changing. Thank you McCoys. That experience pushed me over the edge, if you will, with healing other people.

It is now May 2011 and I've had quite a lot of healing under my belt. My confidence in the Lord grows every time I see another person healed, every time I read the Word and every time I share the truth with someone! This life team is so incredible. These amazing men and women of God preach the gospel and desire the truth from God and only the truth. They research things, they challenge me and each other, we study the Bible together to determine, what the truth is for us here in 2011 :) I am so thankful for all of these people that the Lord has placed in my life to help me grow! He is so good! I have had many friends who have helped to steer me in this path when I seemed to get a bit off track, so to speak.... Thank you! They know who they are :)

As I sit and reflect on the past 2 years of learning about healing, I realize how the Lord worked it all out to teach me. He knows me better than anyone else, obviously. The Lord just slowly introduced me one baby step at a time.... so I wouldn't freak out and say this stuff isn't real. Thank you Lord :)

2 comments:

  1. Amen Sista! Thanks for sharing your story. I was wondering how you ended up in KC. I am excited to see how the rest of your journey will unfold in Colorado Springs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeanne! Oh gosh, I forgot to mention that.... see I knew I was forgetting things.....

    ReplyDelete